Superfluid takes its responsibilities regarding privacy seriously and complies with all laws and regulations to the extent that they apply within the jurisdiction in which Superfluid is conducting business, and in accordance with the Australian Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles.
1. What information we collect:
We collect Personal Information such as:
- Personal details, including your name and gender
- Contact details, including email addresses, telephone number and social media handles
- Your organisation's details, including its name and location
- The products and services that you purchase or request from us
- Interactions with us, including through support channels, website interactions, form fills, participating in an online forum
We do not normally collect or store ‘sensitive information’, as defined in the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (e.g. information about ethnic origin, religious beliefs or health). However, where we are required to and it is practicable to do so, we will seek your consent before collecting your sensitive information and inform you of the purpose at the same time.
2. Why we collect it:
- We collect information about you so that we can:
- Identify our customers, potential customers and their representatives
- Inform you or others of any technology solutions we think may be of interest to you or them
- Inform you or others about our products and services and the benefits of using our products and services
- Provide you or others with information about offers or other benefits that may become available
- Seek your opinion or comments about our products and services
- Carry out billing and/or debt recovery activities
- Carry out our management, administrative, quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner
- Deliver customer service and resolve problems our customers may experience with their information technology systems and networks
- Consider the suitability of potential employees for employment opportunities; and
- Develop and implement solutions to improve our products and services
- You work at Superfluid
- We may need to comply with the law, including the Data Retention Law
- For purposes directly related to the above.
3. How we collect information:
There are two types of data that we collect:
a) Information that you explicitly give us
In some instances, you must provide Personal Information if you wish to receive a service, participate in an activity, or access material that is our intellectual property.
You may choose to provide some Personal Information which is not required, but is directly related to our functions and activities. This type of information will usually enable us to improve or broaden the services that we offer you. If you choose not to provide this optional information, we would still be able to offer you the service although it may be with fewer options than if you had provided the optional information.
If you provide us with unsolicited information that we do not require, or which is not directly related to our functions or activities, we may be required to destroy or de-identify that information, provided it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
If you make an enquiry using one of our website forms, or fill in a form to access a download, view a webinar or attend an event, you will be opted in to occasional communications from us about related content. You may also have expressly asked to be sent our newsletter or other marketing communications and you can always opt out of receiving emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (we will use our best endeavours to respond to your enquiry within 30 days of receiving it).
b) Automatic collection
We may use a feature of your browser called a cookie to assign your computer a 'User ID' when browsing our website. Cookies do not contain information by which we can identify you: they only identify your computer to our servers.
The primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. Cookies are used by our website to enable certain functionality, to remember the preferences of our users and to monitor how the site is being used. They help us to enhance the usability of the website and to personalise our content to better suit your needs.
Generally, these cookies expire at the end of each browsing session. You may, however, restrict or block those cookies through your browser settings. Please refer to your browser's 'Help' function or visit: www.aboutcookies.org for detailed information about how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. Please note that if you disable any, or all, cookies you may have a degraded user experience.
4. Cookies used on this site:
a) Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to measure which pages on our site attract the most interest and to inform our marketing and communication strategies, so we can ensure we deliver the best quality content possible.
b) Google AdWords
We use Google AdWords to provide enhanced search result online, displaying adverts that are relevant for users and remarket across the internet. AdWords remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of the Superfluid website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine.
This cookie does not identify you, but is used to say ‘This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page.’ Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
Remarketing cookies expire 90 days from the time the cookies are set or updated (whichever is later).
Remarketing cookies expire 90 days from the time the cookies are set or updated (whichever is later).
ClickDimensions is a marketing automation solution which is in use on our website.
The ClickDimensions solution uses a first party cookie to track visitor activity on our website. We use this information to improve the content of our sites as well as to provide visitors with a more relevant overall experience with our organisation.
If you fill out a web form on this website your information will be stored in our CRM system and some amount of your past browsing on this site may be available to our staff to determine your interests, so we may more effectively engage with you.
If you opt-in to our newsletter or any of our other marketing emails, clicking on a link in any of these emails may cause you to be personally identified on our site and may cause some part of your past browsing history on our site to be available to our staff to determine your interests.
Click here to read the ClickDimensions Web Tracking and Privacy paper.
If you do not want this site to place a cookie on your browser and track your activity, you may leave the site or browse using privacy mode in your web browser.
5. Disclosure of information:
We use and disclose the Personal Information we collect for the purposes indicated above, and for other secondary purposes.
We usually disclose the Personal Information we collect to our related entities and to third party service providers and contractors, who help us supply our products and services. For example, we may disclose Personal Information to technology vendors, to help resolve technical problems, or to third party contractors to install equipment on site.
We may be required, because of contractual or statutory obligations, to disclose Personal Information we collect to auditors, who conduct audits of our business and services, or to government agencies, like the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority or to authorised agencies under the Data Retention Law.
Except where indicated above, we will not use or disclose Personal Information unless:
- The individual concerned has consented to the use and disclosure;
- The third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
- The third party is your creditor, banker or financier; or
- The disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
We may use Personal Information to advise the individual concerned of new products and marketing technology solutions that we think may be of interest to them. This may include product and service offerings, newsletters and general information about us.
Those who prefer not to receive information about our products and services can ask to be removed from the relevant circulation list by contacting contact us, using the details listed below.
We never disclose Personal Information to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products or service on an individual, unless individuals have expressly consented to that disclosure.
7. Accessing your information:
You can request us to provide you with access to the Personal Information we hold about you by sending us an email to email@example.com or your main point of contact within Superfluid.
If particular circumstances apply, we are permitted by the Privacy Act to deny your request for access or to limit the access we provide. This will occur in circumstances, such as:
- The access impacts on the privacy of others;
- The request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- There are existing or anticipated legal proceedings; or
- Such access can be denied under law or by a law enforcement agency, we may deny your request for access.
We will let you know why your request is denied or limited and we endeavour to respond to your enquiry within 30 days of receiving it.
8. The protection and holding of your information:
We are committed to keeping secure the Personal Information you provide to us. We take all reasonable precautions to protect the Personal Information we hold about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Any Personal Information you provide to us, or collected from you, electronically is stored on secure servers and encrypted where required under the Data Retention Law. Our employees are contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of any Personal Information held by us. We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of records containing Personal Information.
Our website may contain links to third party websites. Whilst such links are provided for your convenience, you should be aware that the information handling practices of the linked websites might not be the same as ours.
Whilst we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorised uses and disclosures of Personal Information, in the event of any unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Information beyond our control, we will not have any liability to you or any other person for any consequences which arise from that unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Information.
The date at the bottom of this page is the date of the last revision.
10. Who to contact if you have a complaint or question:
If you would like more information on privacy issues generally and the way in which privacy is protected in Australia, you can consult the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner here.